Begin with a basic design from a stencil, a ruler or template, an applique, a fabric print, a cookie cutter or a shape you
draw yourself. Then, learn to transform that design from basic to spectacular by extending, expanding, and adding secondary
designs, repeats, fills and special effects. Learn marking techniques and tools for applying designs to quilt tops.
• How to mark and use stencils as design foundations
• How to transfer doodles from paper to quilting
• Enhance a design with fillers and embellishments
• Use marked grids as a design foundation and road map
• Draw inspiration from fabric prints
Taking great pleasure in teaching the basic and intermediate skills in all areas of quilting, Allison encourages students to go further and see what they can do on
their own. She especially loves to quilt and teach feathers!